Tuesday 8 April 2014

What I Do As A Instrumental Guitarist

Hi!

During my ten years as a guitar player I have picked up many tips and tricks for playing fast instrumental guitar and to do it creatively, so I have started this blog to talk about increasing your ability to play faster and more creatively. Below is a video of me playing on my acoustic. It is improvisation, kinda, which is what I will be talking about in these posts since I primarily play improvisation lead guitar. I use an iPad to record my tracks on so if you would like to hear the complete album then click HERE. This is service, Bandcamp, is great if you would like to sell music or showcase your work. Anyway, here is the video:




I will be posting many more of these, showcasing my playing style and, hopefully, inspiring you also to pick up your guitar and play! I used the minor pentatonic scale, harmonic minors and some jazzy variations in this video, which is also what I use in most of my tracks. When playing improvisation, its all about the thousands of tiny decisions and adjustments we make in a piece with many on a second by second basis that keeps it fresh. When I post the next video, this time on my electric, you can compare the two and will notice similar 'moves' but entirely different ways to play through the scales. Its about making the scales your own running through them in many different ways.

Instrumental guitar music is very fun and rewarding to play, learn scales, limit yourself in these scales and practice, practice, practice! Have fun and tune in next week where I will be sharing more of my playing in the form of videos and more tips on how to play in this style. Chao!

If you would like to know more about me then please go to www.jacklawlor.co.uk

Also, check out these guys Jamorama, I have heard good things. Let me know if you sign up, I would like to know what you think. Not only that but I am offering a free music download directly from this blog. All you have to do is look to your right at the top of the page and enter your email. Hope to see you again soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment